Tuesday, January 22, 2008

eat too much

The eyelids are getting heavier...the ambiance of library as if lullaby in the air...

These 2 weeks are test one week. I have 5 papers. Yesterday, one was gone. Halal food, i used to like this subject. This makes me recalling to my part time job during school holidays. I was promoting a new food product, Bahram satay paste. I realized how inflexible Muslim eating rules are! They are doubtful whenever we promoted our product, even showing them the halal certificate...Only now, i know it is really a sin if they consume something believed as najs. I started to think, how do those chinese converted Muslim friends adapt? Many of us must think their foods always the same, so many limitations...boring...However, they believe what permitted has been enough, those prohibited are extra too much for them, according to Allah.

Absolutely, we have been eaten too much every day. If human beings continue their eating habits, billions of innocent living things are suffered. Do you realize, how often and how much do u eat everyday? Do you eat because you are hungry or simply because you WANT to eat?

I agree eating can bring pleasure to us. I like eating! From chocolate, ice-cream, snacks, rice, noodles, fish and chips to chop and steak. I personally have no any limitation on food. Anything i can swallow. I love gathering, eating with family and friends is just GREAT! Anyhow, chinese say, 病从口入,diseases are sourced from mouths! One has told me, human eat too much! Due to unhealthy eating habit, we are getting aggressive. What more, we are doing harm to animals...

Some might beg to differ they are bringing growth to f&b industry. Well, that's true. As i am going to venture in that industry now and in the future. To me, eating is an art. Do not eat too heavy, do not order too much until you cannot stuck it to your stomach. Eating slowly, with beautiful music lingering around, with green tea...enjoying food while enjoying life! Suddenly, i think of reunion dinner that is coming soon. I miss home, I miss my mum's cook.

Counting down : 12 days more to go back home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i m longing for the coming reunion dinner also...it's so boring always eat the same food in order to fill up my stomach...haiz...few days ago i went to a western restaurant with my frens, i found tat i really can't accept the taste of western food as i hate cheese so much !!i only manage to swallow a bit but still have to share the extremely expensive price with others...i still love chinese cuisine~~