Friday, February 6, 2009

Soup

For me, i love to drink soup as my mum was great at making soup. It was always accompanied with the dinner, giving me the filling and satiety at drinking that. Drinking soup gives me a feeling of home, sweet home. The love of mother is always infiltrating into the hot soup, making it simply irresistable.

In our lab, we were required to produce different kinds of new invented soup. Soup is always my weakest part whenever talk to a full course meal. Instead of trying on my weak western creamy soup, i try to be oriental+japanese oriented. I love mum's watercress soup and have been trying it in Singapore...got pretty good feedback. So--watercress miso soup was borned!

Tofu, shiitake mushroom, in watercress miso soup...yummy! To think of some accompanion dish, i thought of cold soba...
Cold soba with seaweeds...I love the decoration. The taste was refreshing, icy with healthy miso!

Anyway, the centre of focus was the yinyang pumpkin and grean pea soup, produced by previna!
See?! It was nicely decorated and the color was just matched! More terribly, the taste was great!

Then, other group also presented a terrific jobs...take a look...it's simply professional!

Fantastic huh? All i would say is...ooh-lah lah! Soup is never be boring!

No comments: