Sunday, April 19, 2009

Intellectual Food

Do you read?

Yes! Yes! I spent my whole day in reading..u know, until my eyes are sicked at any glance of the words...

Basically the students read a lot. Take a deeper look, what do we read? (books, text, notes...all related to exam). We read for exam! How many really enjoy reading BOOKS?

According to literacy statistics, out of 85% of Malaysians who read regularly, 77% of them prefer newspapers, 3% read magazines, 3% read books and 1.6% read comics.

How about the Americans? American citizens, 53% of them read fiction and 43% of them read non-fiction BOOKS.

To me, I feel reading is a habit. Parents are playing important role in nurturing the reading habit to their children, it is an obligation! This is how I really appreciate what my parents did during i was small. Dad was never stingy in buying books for me. The birthday presents of mine were always books - story books, and i remember there is one book from Dale Carnegie.

However, i have to admit since i grown up, more exposure to internet distance me part away from books. I do still love reading. But seldom really have the time in savouring it (is it an excuse?)

Anyway, from the statistics. It alarms me. I must not abandon the reading habit which my parents has nurtured in me...it was their efforts.

Come on friends, reading is fun. Let's spend more time in reading!

No comments: