Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Form 6

I am a university student, 3rd year.

3 years back, i got my STPM result. Not satisfied, filled with guilt and regret but somehow looking forward to the university life.

Since the announcement of the STPM results, there are again, more and more are doubting the Form 6 education system.

As a product of Form 6 myself, i would say - i value both the lower and upper six of mine. Many of the FIRST TIME-s, were happened during those years. I met great friends and involved in few amazing activities, performance and sports. It turned me to a better person, more well-rounded, i would say.

Speaking of the semester system, as i have it now...to be frank, i don't think i learn that much and taking my academic results seriously neither. I still remember, during the Form 6 years, we examined our test paper seriously, trying to find out what went wrong and how to improve our grade. During the MUET, I enjoyed the most! Every week issue discussed in class triggering my mind!We scheduled our time table, organized after class tuition...in order to perform the best in the final assessment - STPM.

But, what now? I remember almost NOTHING in the previous semester learning, needless to say the exam questions.

What makes me writing this post? It the comment in the NST today, from Syed Nadzri, excellent product of Form 6, as below:

Form Six can provide that different dimension in the school-going proccess which would not be far off from what Twilight Zone fans would say: "A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind."

2 comments:

Christine said...

u dun learn new things n enjoy at uni ma??:(..i enjoy meeting u..hihi

Shilei said...

yeah, i do not deny i did meet great ppl in my Uni life (of course you are one of them - dear learn!)

ok, let's be optimistic - i believe my uni life will get better day after day! hehe!