Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My SummerS

I always looking forward to my semester breaks, this was / is usually the months which i enjoyed the most in a year.

2006 - went for diving course. Obtained my open water diving license. It's really wonderful. This kind of brand new experience - breathing in the sea, swimming with the fish...having course and relaxing during the day, having reading and discussion during the night. With the beach mesmerizing view and breeze...It will cost my lifetime to forget everything happened there!



2007 - joined WWF to volunteer in the turtle saving project. I have to say I did not contribute much since i only manage to stay there for one week. However, this brought much impact to me somehow. Imagine every night spent in a deserted island: no electrity, no water supply, no any basic facilities (toilets etc)...Sleeping on the sleeping bag and stared at the starry sky...Patroling along the coast line in the chilling wind...Fighting with mightly turtles but still have to take care for not hurting them...collecting the fagile eggs...releasing the hatchilings...Again, it was unforgettable!


2008 - first time i took the plane, flied to kota kinabalu alone. The whole 12days trip was just eye opening! The most, I have finally conquered Mount KK! It was tough, for me. The icing temperature, the hostile wind and steep rock climbing in the last 2km of the tour was haunting me. However, the moment of reaching the peak made me just forget every hardship all the way up there! Especially the sunrise, bringing such a hopeful brand new day! This experience is just as precious as i will never wipe it away from my memory.
2009 - in this coming break, i will be spending 2 months in a totally strange country to me. 2 months of staying in a completely different culture and people around me. What would happen to me during the 2 months? I am not sure...For sure, another wonderful chapter is coming in my life journey!

Anticipating...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the God of Bacon.

Meringue said...

have a safe and exciting journey then
i will pray for u!

believe me...u will addicted to it!