Monday, May 18, 2009

Development Traineeship

weeks passed...Basically I feel I am doing nothing in the office.

One of the purpose I come for this internship is to seek meaning. In our lives, we keep looking for acceptance, self-actualization, and discover more about the question: WHO AM I?

In the office for the past 2 weeks, I was exposed to the project the organization has been done. I must say those are really meaningful project, helping the unables and poor, they are really good at approaching those grassroots...Yet, I feel worthless of being here, I cannot see what can I do. So a question arised: What do you expect from us (the interns)? The answer given was they are not expecting any great contribution from us, for we only stay here 2 months. Nothing much we can do. But they expect us to grow, to see this city more, to learn something from them!

So this is the purpose. It's not what we give, but what we gain. 

What have I learnt in the past 14days? From workplace, after exposing to those videos and reports, I have gained a wider perspective of this kind of organizations. Process is something more important than the result. When the product goes wrong, always check the process (according to our Banlanatak.com founder). He speaks wisdom, so do the other staffs! I find Indians are wise. They read. They think. 

So after reading 2 books - The Alchemist and Who will cry when you die?, I'm really inspired to a certain extent. Do not try to be others, just be myself. 

The tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside us while we live. So, keep seeking the meaning and looking for the real me, developing...   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

你的办公室还蛮不错哦......体验異国的生活习俗也可让你得到许多智慧和啟发,丰富你的人生经验.好好珍惜享受吧,,,,,,,,

go said...

..............