Monday, May 11, 2009

Listen to Your Heart

Today, talking to my mum, as wishing her Happy Mother's Day.

I am glad she has finally joined her old friends in climbing the mountain yesterday and reached the peak in little effort (according to my aunt) . Well, I am really proud of you, mum! This again, proved that Dr King was right. She said my mum's body is even healthier than mine! Seems I still have a long way to catch up...sigh...

Look, I feel peaceful when I am here, Kolkata. There is no any hectic deadline or assignments. I believe few more days later I would be able to enter the field which I always want to be involved - social / community service. Perhaps there will be more contentment and satisfaction once I really start my job. So far, there was only one training session on HIV/AIDS and the other time, we used to online and reading the previous reports of the organization, kinda bored, I should say.

Whenever I am free at home, I would take up the book - The Alchemist and flip on it. This is a really nice book. To follow your destiny and pursue you dream. Listen to your heart and the whole universe would just conspire to help the dream pursuer. One part really touched my heart : once you get older and leaving your dream far behind, your heart tend to get silent and would not speak again, to prevent any sensation of regret and depression. This is just how our society look! See, people have dreams, wild dreams. But most of them never try to realize them, just following the track people tend to think it is NORMAL and PROMISING.

Today mum told me, Uncle Luobiao have been trying to reach me in the few past days but failed. Of course, my hotlink sim card is totally abandoned when i am here. She told him i am in India and doing what i really want to do. In fact, what i really want to do in my life is to get to see all around the world and experiencing the different living cultures of different people. I am always happy when i get to see new things and meeting with new people who used to be so strange for us. Uncle Luobiao confessed that he was always wanting to do something but now there are just too much burdens which he cannot put behind in order to realize his dreams.

This is what I am afraid of. I was wondering whether I would end up like everybody else, graduating from the universtiy, getting into a job, repeating the routine everyday. Even worse, locking up in the house once married and taking care of the children and always in the hoping that the children would grown up faster. This is basically the route a woman will take. Yes, this is the route ROUGHLY! There are still plenty of things can happen!

My dream keeps me going. I am not going to abandon it. Listen to my hearth truthfully as it always tell who and what I am!

2 comments:

shi ting said...

when u wan to hire us as ur translator??
we have been translating ur blog to dad n mum recently...

go said...

hello,,,,婷要和你收翻译费啦,,他近来已升级成为我的外交大使..