Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reading Traveller

Travelling alone always makes me savour my time with better, the taste is always sweet, mishti.
Today, I decided to take my own trip to Salt Lake to attend my dancing class. It is located at the centre of the city, totally different from where I stay and work.

On the way to Salt Lake, in the bus, I met a lady. It is true that Indians are collective. In the bus, even there are plenty of seats, people tend to sit beside you, do not be surprised of that. It happened. The wise lady, Mdm Chotika, after few random conversations, we talked about reading habit after I asked for places selling good books. She agreed that reading habit has been faded as time passes. Reading used to be the activity for leisure, sadly to say that today the tv and computer have been substituting the role of books.


She mentioned about parents used to give their children books as birthday gifts in those years. I agreed. I thought of dad at that moment. I appreciate it. Without reading, I won't have come so far. Without reading, I won't have the courage to pursue my pathway. Without reading, I am simply nothing.


Yet, I am still so small, so ignorant in the ocean of knowledge. The wise lady spoke wisdoms. She even read the translation of Lu Xun's literature! Amazing. Her passion of reading makes me ashamed. I told her honestly, I do still have many more to learn. She answered, everybody does! Life is just a learning process.


Reading the past makes you understand the future. The present is shaped by past, while shaping the future. That's what she told me. Inspired.


In this very short half day trip, I met few people. Had some chatting session with them. A traveller shall never get alone.

On my mystical pathway...cheers!

No comments: