Monday, August 10, 2009

Bits on the Culinary Day

So, that's the day...Practiced for 2 FULL days continuously.

Glanced at the clock in the kitchen, once a while...1.20am, 1.45am...back at room, it was 2am...kept on thinking the advices from chef, kept on remembering every step, kept on reminding things to do on THAT day. Doing menu card, printing...searching nutritional info of the dishes...lying on the bed, my mind was occupied with the scenes in the kitchen, stewing the soup, plating the dishes...run here run there, getting equipments...restless...

Hardly opened my eyes when alarm rang, when the clock strike 6.15am. Finally the day has come. Come on...you have a mission to complete, I told myself...

I was trying to relax. Yes I did and I was. All the effort, for today.

I was never comfortable when people watch over me while I was cooking. During the cooking time, I just focused what I was supposed to do. I did not take any notice of what happened around (the other groups, the shooting, the patroling judges...)

Cooking is not my strong point, but when it comes to presentation, then I would be comfortable on it. In the promotion on the dishes, I felt calm and proud of our dishes presented and felt wanna share with everyone on the floor.

Kampung Girls. That's comment from the judges on us. LOL! Anyhow, compliments were given on the dishes and our presentation. Thank you everyone for the support! Especially our dear Chef Kadir and all the coursemates (including Dr. Boo) !!!

Here we go, kampung girls with Chef Kadir!

4 comments:

Jess said...

COngrats,lei lei~ ^^

Shilei said...

thanks siewteng!

诗婷 said...

wow! like 中华小厨师in the comic..
haha !
anyway, congratulation that u have completed ur task la !
it's a good experience.

go said...

的确下了不少功夫,置除味道不说,外型佈置确有一番创意,得来不易,幸苦你们三位〝红头巾〞了.....那张蝦头冲天想必很好吃吧,还有那〝一根小草插在牛糞上〞不雅观吧,,还有那红色醬料别乱乱泻在盤上,有点血淋淋之感........无论如何,这次你们是成功的,再接再励,,加油................