Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lucky One

Newspaper has published an interview of a couple of Bolllywood fans. Worth to mention, the duo are HongKong-nese! In their wedding, they even opened the Indian music and performed a jaw-dropping Bollywood ceremony in front of all the Chinese attendants! They are crazy about India, very obviously. They decided to have their honeymoon to the place where they have loved so much - India. Then.....

"Did you have fun in India?" Friends were asking when they were back after two weeks.
"India is a place for you to feel, certainly not FUN! There were noisy, dirty, polluted, messy, crowded, congestion...You will surely cherish everything here once you have been there!" It was their reply.

Exactly what I feel!

People like to ask me: "Have fun?" I was always being left in a state of speechless, awkward. "Erm...It's not really fun, but it was a good experience!" It was the most preferable reply I would give. Imagine, I did not really explore India like adventurous Kat, she just rode motorbike from Kolkata to Darjeeling. Or like ShuWen did when she was in Beijing, traveling around besides the staying state. Or like Adele eating the whole Taiwan delicacies and enjoy the beautiful scenery there.

What I have done in my traineeship? What I was quite proud were the Kolkatans. They were so nice, despite of the hostile environment. They showed the enthusiasm in lives. They sang, they danced, they read, they write, they spoke, they shouted. I was happy there, it is true. Although I did not have the FUN which you guys expect, but it was certainly an eye-opening holidays.

I must feel glad and cherish as being an undergraduate although my result was not over 90%, staying in a concrete-built house instead of mud, sitting on a mosaic cover floor instead of cement, clean and smell-less water to drink everyday, air-conditioned cars to travel around, comfortable bed to sleep, personal working/studying place, variety of food choices for breakfast lunch and dinner, got the loan of ptptn so that for temporarily I can spend on what I want for a certain extent of course.

What I have mentioned above is more on material. I should be satisfied. I should always remind myself how rich I am, how fortunate I am. As one chinese saying goes, 快樂不是你擁有的多,而是計較的少。Indeed, happiness is not judged by how much you have owned. Being contented. Get as much as possible to feed your soul, not your stomach.

Keep reminded...I am the lucky one!

4 comments:

Jess said...

"India is a place for you to feel, certainly not FUN! There were noisy, dirty, polluted, messy, crowded, congestion...You will surely cherish everything here once you have been there!"

i love this a lot~
thanks for sharing!

really happy for u that u had the one of a kind experience back in India months ago~ ^^

Shilei said...

actually everywhere could be a learning place, just i was so ignorant to realize!

have read your blog, dear. impressed by so many experiences u have been gone through!!

Aly said...

wow~~ this is a very touching post... and it's so very true... u ARE very lucky that you can learn so many things in a short period of time...

appreciation is something not so easy to learn when u've got everything, people just take things for granted, so happy you can spread this awareness around :)

Shilei said...

baby angel: thanks! :-)