Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Japanese Chusooku

When entering the beautifully decorated dining hall, the soothing japanese music was heard, the cute japanese dolls were seen on the wall...everything was just nice!

It was a mess at first, when customers (especially VIP starts coming)...as a coordinator between the kitchen and service, I was in totally craziness when we found out Set A and Set B were DIFFERENTLY stated for service and kitchen side!! So udon noodles was over made at first but the chicken teriyaki took a very long time to be served. Also, the appetizer - especially maki really need some time to make, it's not as easy as cawan mushi or miso soup which already done before hand...so, the sequence was a problem...

Anyway, everything was fine after a while...I was really happy! Happy that everything was finished serving in the end...Happy that all of us have a great time in preparing the food for our guests...Happy that all the efforts were paid off!

I really did not know why...I found myself happier than that day of competition! I really felt very glad, especially for our kitchen leader, YM and ST. I've witnessed how hard they have prepared all the things, trying a lot of recipe, finding books, purchasing ingredients, discussing about the dishes, cutleries...On the other hand, I believe service crew also endured a hardship in decorating the hall and preparing all the cutleries! I know...all of you really lack of sleep during the preparation...seeing the success, I really DO feel glad for you! Good Job!Although I was not in group of in-charging this event, I feel all of us are in a team...there is no group 1 or group 2 any more! All of us have our part to do, have our role to play, everyone was helping each other! I love the team spirit shown!

Congratulations!

No comments: