Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Competition for Learning

I did learnt a lot:

Cooking skill...it was a skill that I've never really paid attention in studying...so really suffering during the training. I have no confidence in my skill AT ALL. Even my hands kept shaking whenever people watching me! I told Chef at about 2am, before the competion: I am scared. I don't have any confidence! Chef Kadir knew my limit, gave me things to remember and encouraged us. Thank you so much!

The competition has injected some passion of cooking to me. At least I will be more careful, more mindful and interested in studying the recipe. I could see thing in a quite different view from the past. I know I have so much to learn, but I would try my best. I know I can do something. Chef Johari commented: Do not have to be the Number 1, but be DIFFERENT! Confidence, is something I really lack of in cooking. I should be more trusting and be more courageos to try out, as i try the other things!

A lot of appreciations. Chef Kadir, needless to say, without him, I could never imagine how horrible the situation would be like. And our course-mates (including Dr.Boo, she was just like one of us!), helped us during the mis-en place (I finally realized how importance mis-en place is, I thought it was nonsence in the first class of Dr Mohhidin)...Their support, both mentally and physically, really touched me! I would never forget how they cheered when the MC annouced the champion!

At least, mission accomplished. At least, I have done something. At least, I did not let them down.


Appetizer, picture taken during practice..Vietnamese Black Fungus Rice Paper Roll with Plum Sauce Served with Saffron Cucumber Pickle and Pamelo Salad on Beetroot


Green Tea Mint Consomme Served with Four-Colors Crystal Dumpling


Steamed Cod Fish with Asian Ginger Sauce Served with Sweet Potato, Sauted Mushroom and Asparagus


Soymilk Konnyaku with Mango Cubes Served with Mango Puree and Yogurt

4 comments:

Naqiah Khalidah said...

congratz..!!nanti i pulangkan your apron!

hwa said...

congratulations~

Shilei said...

thanks naqiah and hwa!

i really do appreciate each and every help and support given by you guys!

go said...

〝人参果〞...〝茫洋中一条船〞...〝雪里红〞.....〝沙漠奇观〞..哈哈,,,,,,,,,