Thursday, July 9, 2009

7th Semester

Learning is a life long process. I have never denied it. Yet as we growing older, we tend to think we have became experienced and tend to deny the opinion of the so-called green horn's idea.

This semester, if merely look at the time-table, people must be claiming: you guys are so F..RR..EE..! Indeed, we only have to attend a full Tuesday and few hours on Wednesday and Thursday. What we are taking this semester? If merely look at the subject description, again, people must be claiming again: you guys have so much fun!

Is it true? Does the credit hour stated really states the time we need to fork out to study? Does the subject description really states the effort we need to put? NO! NO! NO!

It is true that planning an event and running a cafe are very interesting. But whenever come to group work, meaning that requires a lot of discussion and planning. I admit I do not acquire any of the skill in doing those. I am relieved to be a follower, to do whatever according to the instruction given. It is a brand new experience to me to stay quiet in discussion, stay out from giving opinion. I keep telling myself, this is the time to LEARN, to LISTEN, to FOLLOW.

But I am not happy with that. I still cannot fit in myself in the new environment (sort of), new people (kind of). It was a chocking feeling whenever the words were not coming from your mouth. It was suffocating whenever the discussion was on but you are aside from it.

I am not blaming anyone. I just want to try a new way of learning. I know my limit, my strength. These are certainly not the field which I am expertise in. Better, I remain invisible (to the others). But, I am learning. I will keep myself up, improving, to reach you guys level. Be a good follower is always the must process in order to become a leader.

Just keep an alert mind. Do not stay out from anything. Keep involving, learning.

2 comments:

Jess said...

i love your first sentence~ it seems like i always cannot bear that in my mind~ ^^

yaya, my sis keep on saying how free i am in this final semester in the campus~ DUH~ she can't imagine the burden of thesis yet.. hahah..
urs is totally different, surely gonna be quite heavy but perhaps u will learn more and have some fun while u are working on it? cheer up~
everything is gonna be alright~ i am expecting your cafe soon! ^^

Shilei said...

haha! at first i really kind of worrying..

anyway, i m now mentally prepared for it. I will have fun! hehe!

you too, keep it up!