Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Night to Remember

Have been staying at my room for almost the whole DAY! I have rejected the job offer, I decided not to work for time being. Be focus, as a food service student!
10 of us...fourth year food study female student.

The night was our annual course night. It was a function which we could dress up and enjoy a ballroom dinner. There were 13 of our batch attending it. It was...fun! It was indeed a relaxation for me after a whole day of worrying. I am glad I am still able to laugh, to be amused, to enjoy.
In fact, I miss those years as the newbies in UPM. During that time, everything was so new to me, I was so interested in trying almost everything. Active, it is the word which I can use to describe the first year me, without any shame. I knew a lot of friends from various activities. Then, as time passed, I became more and more reserved. I try to restrict my involvement in activity besides from studying.
She is Shi Lei, same name with me, first year food study student. Seeing the first year junior, their "freshness" really inspired me a lot...flashing back...Where is my enthusiasm gone? Where is my passion hiding?

It was a great turning point for me, as I shifted from an active person into an individualistic student. I have forgotten since when, I tend to have meal alone, go back home alone, attend classed alone. I love to be described as Miss Invisible. Some of the time, I enjoy hiding beneath the invisible cloak, observing others. Yet I really do miss those years where by I was so cheerful with bunch of friends giggling around. Therefore, I cherish every moment whenever I am with my friends, be it only sitting down and gossiping about something unimportant.

Is it a process of growing up? The process teaches me to accomodate myself to be lonely, forces me to be independent. Some says, only when you are alone, then you could learn more. I'm not sure how true is the theory, but I'm trying. Trying to be independent.

Anyway, thanks a lot! The night was a memory, for everyone of us.

2 comments:

wen said...

shilei~ u really very active last time. last time also u alone who active ar :x now u become part of us, inactive one! u are not alone,lei..

Shilei said...

haha! thanks wen...really thanks a lot!

Yes, I can always feel the warmth from you! haha!